Maybe it’s just me but sometimes in the fall I get a little “pumpkined” out (not a word?) This smoothie seems ‘fall’ to me but with a twist.
Also, sorry if I’m a smoothie snob but I hate when I see recipes that are all-carb/fruit, or that have sketch ingredients like protein powder and artificial sweeteners. This one has it all – protein, fat, fiber, and carbs…and no junk. A full ancestral meal in a flash. Ok, #offsoapbox
Oh, and my two little boys love this. Enjoy!
Banana Bread Smoothie
Hands-On time: 5 minutes / Total time: 5 minutes / Yield: 1 serving
- 1 medium ripe banana, frozen
- 1/3 cup full-fat, plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp walnut pieces
- 1 Tbsp real, pure honey
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Cold water, as needed for texture
- Break banana in half and blend all ingredients except water.
- Add water as needed to finish blending and to reach desired texture.
- Pour in glass and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
Leave a Reply