Heavy Metals: Should You Be Concerned?
Yes – we all are at risk for exposure. However, we shouldn’t freak out.
Heavy metals are all around: in the water, in our food, in our dental fillings, and even on toys!
In this episode of the Empowered Nutrition Podcast, I share all about heavy metals: why to care, what the risks are, how to screen for exposure, and how metals detox works.
Finally, I share the specific metals detox protocol that I used after my testing.
You can grab my test results here:
Here are the specific topics I discuss in the episode:
- What are the most common heavy metals?
- What are the most common sources?
- What are the signs and symptoms of heavy metal toxicity?
- What are the long-term risks of heavy metal exposure?
- What tests do I use to screen for heavy metal exposure?
- How do the body’s natural metals detoxification pathways work and how can we support detox?
- My own specific protocol that I followed for 10 days after my metals testing
- The findings of my heavy metals split test – and what I’m doing about it
You can download my two reports here:
If you want more details about the 10-day detox protocol I did, it’s the Metagenics Clear Change program. You can check it out at my Wellevate page. There, you can also make an account to get the kit at a discount (it includes the medical food, detox support supplement, and diet guide):
Any questions about heavy metals (risks, sources, testing, or detox)? Sent me a questions via the contact page!
Curious to hear more? Check out my podcast episode where I describe my test results in detail, plus share my interpretation of them:
The mission of the Empowered Nutrition podcast is to help busy, fit women optimize their metabolic, digestive, and hormonal health.
If you’re excited about that idea, I’d love to hear from you! What topics are you excited to hear about on the show? Send me a question or topic suggestion a the survey HERE. I’ll add it to my list!
I’m looking forward to our chats!