In a world full of complicated and questionable diet programs, doesn’t everyone want a simplified and effective diet that can improve digestion?
Dr. Robillard has created just that with The Fast Track Diet.
In this episode I had the pleasure of interviewing the Founder of the Digestive Health Institute and leading gut health expert, Norm Robillard, Ph.D. Dr. Robillard turned his own suffering from GERD and IBS into a mission to create the drug and antibiotic free Fast Tract Diet for functional gastrointestinal disorders, including acid reflux, LPR (Laryngopharyngeal Reflux), and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) as well as SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) and related health conditions.
The Fast Tract Diet was presented at Digestive Disease Week (www.ddw.org) to give gastroenterologists another treatment option for SIBO and related conditions.
His award-winning Fast Tract Diet mobile app and Fast Tract Digestion book series make it easy to try the Fast Tract Diet.
Dr. Robillard identifies dietary and integrative solutions for functional gastrointestinal disorders and gut dysbiosis based on the following 3 pillars: – Dietary – Gut-Friendly Behaviors – Identifying and addressing underlying causes that are specific to each individual
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dr. Robillard’s early history and how he developed the Fast Track Diet, a low carb diet that is more flexible than the Ketogenic
- Carbohydrates feed the bacteria that then produce gas which builds up and drives reflux
- Fermentable CHO and how it triggers reflux, heartburn, GERD, SIBO, and IBS
- Which foods are the biggest triggers (fructose, lactose, resistant starch, fiber, sugar alcohols)
- Difference between the Fast Track Diet, SIBO, and Low FodMap
- Safest sugar alcohol
- Fermentation Potential (FP) – Glycemic Index Equation + back fiber + sugar alcohols (utilize the Fast Track Diet mobile app)
- The advantage of Fast Track: it is quantitative, with studied improvements in gases and bacteria
- Fast Track’s impact on the microbiome and symptoms
- Ancestral carbohydrates and seasonal cycling
- Why low carb is healthy
To learn more about the Digestive Health Institute and Dr. Robillard’s work: https://digestivehealthinstitute.org/
Complimentary Fast Tract Diet Resource Guide: https://digestivehealthinstitute.org/fast-tract-diet-resource-guide.pdf
Complimentary 20 minutes Pre-consult Appointment with Dr. Norm: https://digestivehealthinstitute.org/contact-us/
2 SIBO MasterClasses by Dr. Norm for the Price of 1: https://join.sibosos.com/products/88697-SIBO-Diet-Updates-New-Action-Plans-and?ref=15706-Norm-Robillard
The Fast Tract Diet’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FastTractDiet
Follow Dr. Robillard on Twitter @DrNRobillard
Check out the full episode at:
Enjoying the podcast?
Please review the Empowered Nutrition Podcast on Apple Podcasts! Please send me a screenshot of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org as a DM on Instagram (erinskinner_rd) and I’ll send you a free copy of my ‘IBS Flare-Fixer Meal Plan’!
Looking for help with optimizing your health?
I’m accepting new clients for functional nutrition! Book a free chemistry call to discuss your story and see if we’re a good fit HERE.
Follow me on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Leave a Reply