Did yo know the root causes of Hashimoto’s Disease (autoimmune hypothyroidism) are often not shared with women?
More importantly, a conventional approach to Hashimoto’s often doesn’t address these root causes!
Fortunately, an integrative approach can dramatically improve symptoms, allowing women with Hashimoto’s to re-gain their energy and vitality.
My guest this episode is Whitney Crouch, RD. Whitney is a no BS dietitian who helps motivated women address root-causes of thyroid issues so they can reclaim their energy & resilience.
Whitney Crouch, RDN, CLT brings a whole-body, integrative approach to nutrition and lifestyle. With a diverse and rich background in clinical nutrition, communications, nutrition education, and wellness consulting, it was her own personal experience with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis that inspired her to focus on thyroid disease in women. Whitney specializes in helping women with autoimmune thyroid disease find community; improve or reverse thyroid disease symptoms; and live energized, resilient lives.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why and how Hashimoto’s protocols should be individualized
- Common themes among autoimmune hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s patients
- The most important root causes of autoimmunity
- How gut health, stress, toxins, hormones, pregnancy, post-partum, and nutritional deficiencies play a role in Hashimoto’s development
- How we both approach Hashimoto’s, and autoimmunity more broadly
- Whether Hashimoto’s can be cured (and what outcomes to expect)
- Whitney’s ways of helping women with Hashimoto’s, both 1:1 and through her new ‘Thyroid Healing Collective’ program
Get a 10% discount on Whitney’s Thyroid Healing Collective program (contact her for discount code): whitneycrouchrdn.com
Follow Whitney on Instagram: @whitneyc.the.rd
Check out the full episode at:
Enjoying the podcast?
Please review the Empowered Nutrition Podcast on Apple Podcasts! Please send me a screenshot of your review to email@example.com as a DM on Instagram (erinskinner_rd) and I’ll send you a free copy of my ‘IBS Flare-Fixer Meal Plan’!
Looking for help with optimizing your health?
I’m accepting new clients for functional nutrition! Book a free chemistry call to discuss your story and see if we’re a good fit HERE.
Follow me on: